John W Read (MBBS, FRANZCR, DDU) is an Australian trained and registered radiologist with a special interest in functional imaging and 3D visualisation. He is co-author of ‘Atlas of Imaging in Sports Medicine’, a 2nd edition international textbook on Musculoskeletal and Sports Imaging that has been a popular reference used in daily clinical practice by many radiologists, sports physicians and physiotherapists around the world. He is currently Clinical Associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.
3D Medical Render is a company created by John to assist surgeons who require additional 3D image processing to supplement a standard CT examination for either diagnosis or surgical planning.
- Rickard MT, Lee W, Read JW, et al. Breast cancer diagnosis by screening mammography: early results of the Central Sydney Area Health Service Breast X-ray Programme. Med J Aust, January 1991;154: 126-131.
- Wheen DJ, Conolly WB, Read JW. Ultrasound imaging of occult glomus tumours of the fingertip. Hand Surgery 1995; 1:1-6.
- Read JW, Conolly WB, Lanzetta M, et al. Diagnostic ultrasound of the hand and wrist. J Hand Surg 1996, 21A; 6: 1004-1010.
- Orchard JW, Read JW, Neophyton J, Garlick D. Groin pain associated with ultrasound finding of inguinal canal posterior wall deficiency in Australian Rules footballers. Orchard JW, Read JW, Neophyton J, Garlick D. Br J Sports Med 1998; 32: 134-139.
- Read JW, Perko M. Shoulder ultrasound: Diagnostic accuracy for impingement syndrome, rotator cuff tear, and biceps tendon pathology. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1998; 7: 264-271.
- Read JW, Noakes JB, Kerr D, Crichton KJ, Slater KH, Bonar F. Morton’s metatarsalgia: sonographic findings and correlated histopathology. Foot Ankle 1999; 20: 153-161.
- Orchard J, Read JW, Verrall GM, Slavotinek JP. Pathophysiology of chronic groin pain in the athlete. Int SportMed J 2000; 1(1).
- Zwar R, Read J, Noakes J. Technical innovation. Sonography-guided glenohumeral joint injection. AJR July 2004; 183: 48-50.
- Radford MJ, Noakes J, Read J, Wood DG. The natural history of a bioabsorbable interference screw used for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with a 4-strand hamstring technique. Arthroscopy 2005; 21: 707-710.
- Orchard JW, Read JW, Anderson IF. The use of diagnostic imaging in sports medicine. MJA 2005; 183(9): 482-486.
- Kartus J, Kartus K, Rostgard-Christensen L, Sernert N, Read J, Perko M. Long-term clinical evaluation after arthroscopic acromioplasty in patients with partial rotator cuff tears. Arthroscopy 2006; 22: 44-49.
- Markovic M, Crichton K, Read JW, Lam P, Slater HK. Effectiveness of ultrasound-guided corticosteroid injection in the treatment of Morton’s neuroma. Foot Ankle Int 2008; 29 (5): 483-487.
- Garvey JF, Read JW, Turner A. Sportsmen Hernia – What Can We Do? Hernia 2010; 14: 17-25.
- Read JW, Perko M. Ultrasound diagnosis of subacromial impingement for lesions of the rotator cuff. AJUM 2010; 13(2): 11-15.
- Murray JRD, Lindh AM, Hogan NA, Trezies AJ, Hutchinson JW, Parish E, Read JW, Cross MV. Does anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction lead to degenerative disease?: Thirteen-year results after bone-patellar tendon-bone autograft. Am J Sports Med 2012; 40 (2): 404–413.
- Lee RKL, Griffith JF, Read JW, Ng AWH, Bellemore M. Phalangeal microgeodic disease: report of two cases and review of imaging. Skeletal Radiol 2013; 42: 451-455.
- McConnell J, Read JW. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Pre and 4 Months Post 6 Physiotherapy Treatments for OA Knee Pain – A Pilot Study. Rheumatology:Current Research 2014; http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2161-1149.S16-008
- Sailly M, Whiteley R, Read JW, Giuffre B, Johnson A, Holmich P. Pubic Apophysitis: a previously undescribed clinical entity of groin pain in athletes. Br J Sports Med 2015; 49: 828-834.
- Farooque F, Jacombs ASW, Roussos E, Read JW, Dardano AN, Edye M, Ibrahim N. Preoperative abdominal muscle elongation with botulinum toxin A for complex incisional ventral hernia repair. ANZ Journal of Surgery 2016;86(1-2):79-83.
- Elstner KE, Jacombs ASW, Read JW, Rodriguez O, Edye M, Cosman PH, Dardano AN, Zea A, Bossle T, Miami DJ, Craft C, Ibrahim N. Laparoscopic repair of complex ventral hernia facilitated by pre-operative chemical component relaxation using Botulinum Toxin A. Hernia 2016; 20(2): 209-219.
- Elstner KE, Read JW, Rodriguez-Acevedo O, Ho-Shon K, Magnussen J, Ibrahim N. Preoperative progressive pneumoperitoneum complementing chemical component relaxation in complex ventral hernia repair. Surg Endosc 2017; 31: 1914-1922.
- Elstner KE, Read JW, Rodriguez-Acevedo O, Cosman PH, Dardano AN, Jacombs ASW, Edye M, Zea A, Boesel T, Mikami DJ, Ibrahim N. Preoperative chemical component relaxation using Botulinum toxin A: enabling laparoscopic repair of complex ventral hernia. Surg Endosc 2017;31(2):761-768.
- Elstner KE, Read JW, Jacombs ASW, Martins RT, Arduini F, Cosman PH, Rodriguez-Acevedo O, Dardano AN, Karatassas A, Ibrahim N. Single port component separation: endoscopic external oblique release for complex ventral hernia repair. Surg Endosc (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00464-017-5949-3
- Anderson IF, Read JW, Steinweg J. Atlas of imaging in sports medicine. McGraw-Hill, Sydney, 1998 (ISBN 0074704974).
- Anderson IF, Read JW. Atlas of imaging in sports medicine 2e. McGraw-Hill, Sydney, 2008 (ISBN 9780074715840).
- Linklater JM, Read JW, Hayter CL. Chapter 3: Imaging of the foot and ankle. In: Mann’s Surgery of the Foot and Ankle [9th Edition, 2014], Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia